Holiday Tips to Save Time and Energy
Thanksgiving is a time to give thanks, but it also can be a taxing time for energy consumption. Both you and your home get a serious workout on Thanksgiving. Santanna Energy Services is here to offer up some holiday tips to save time and energy this holiday season.
- Plan dishes that can be made along with the turkey which will not only save you time, it will also cut down on the amount of time your oven with be running.
- Avoid opening your oven or taking the lids off of those pots that are cooking – I know it’s hard not to, but every time you open that oven door or lift that lid keep in mind that it drops the temperature which equates to more cooking time and more energy used.
- Lowering your thermostat while you are cooking can help reduce the amount of energy you are using. Between the oven and stove being in use and the warm bodies of your family and friends gathered it will more than make up the difference.
- Using ceramic or glass pans means you can turn down your oven’s temperature by up to 25 degrees. These pans retain heat much better than their metal counterparts.
- Cooking in the microwave, toaster oven and slow cooker all have energy saving benefits as they utilize less energy than a traditional oven. By utilizing these handy kitchen appliances you’ll also have more time to spend with your guests instead of slaving away in the kitchen over the hot stove.
You can save even after all the prepping, cooking and eating is done.
- Instead of hand washing, utilize your dishwasher as it will save time and energy. Only run the dishwasher when it’s completely full and turn off the auto-dry cycle and let them air dry.
- Scrape those dirty plates into the garbage instead of rinsing them in the sink before popping them in the dishwasher.
Santanna Energy Services wishes you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving!